The Hummingbird Robotics Kit is designed to enable engineering and robotics activities that involve the making of robots, kinetic sculptures, and animatronics built out of a combination of kit parts and crafting materials.
Combined with very easy-to-use software environments like Scratch, Snap!, and the CREATE Lab Visual Programmer, Hummingbird provides a great way to introduce kids to programming whilst using construction materials that they are already familiar with.
The Hummingbird Duo Classroom Kit contains:
• Four Hummingbird Duo controllers
• Power supply, USB cable, terminal tool, snap-in stand-offs for each controller
• Three each of red, orange, yellow, and green single-color LEDs
• Eight tri-color LEDs
• Ten hobby servos and six servo extension cables
• Four gear motors with wheels and plastic block adapters
• Four vibration motors
• Four each of light and temperature sensors
• Two each of distance, sound, and rotary sensors
• Packaged in reusable plastic tray organizer
• Program in everything from Scratch to Java!
• Invent to Learn - Resource Book by Gary Stager and Silvia Libow Martinez.
The Hummingbird Duo classroom kit is designed for the classroom. Parts are housed in a durable plastic organizer tray, and in addition to Hummingbird components the kit also includes a printed teacher guide, four USB flash bands, four Hummingbird pens, and a copy of the book Invent-To-Learn. One classroom kit is sufficient for a small class or group of 8-12 students; a regular classroom will probably require two kits