One of the main features of the MP3 headphones is the fact they are
wireless. This means children can listen to the content teachers have
uploaded to them anywhere in the classroom, or even outdoors; there is
no need for pupils to be tethered to a CD player, which can commonly be
the case. Not only do these headphones offer children freedom of location
whilst listening, they also provide children with the independence to
control what they are listening to using the buttons on the side of the
headphones (play next/previous track, pause track).
- Robust - the headphones are extremely robust; the headband can even be twisted without them breaking.
- Adjustable - suitable for the youngest children
right through to adults, the headphones are simply placed onto your head
and then pulled down to fit until they cover your ears. The action of
putting the headphones in place also triggers the headphones to switch
on automatically and play.
- Comfortable, replaceable ear cushions - Unlike
other headsets, the ear cushions on the Easi-Ears headphones are
difficult for children to pick and remove. However, should teachers wish
to replace them, spares are available to purchase. The cushions are
also of a substance that means they can be wiped clean for hygiene.
- Automatic pause - if the headphones are removed
whilst in use, the track will pause automatically for approx 20 mins,
enabling the child to return to the headphones and pick up where they
left off. If they are not used again after 20mins they will switch off
- Visual indication of modes -there are three
coloured LEDs on the headphones to indicate the state of use. This is
useful for the teacher so they can see what's happening whilst the
headphones are in use. For example, flashing red - needs recharging;
green - track is playing; flashing green - track is paused.
- Rechargeable - the headphones are recharged through USB to a PC, laptop or tablet
- Capacity - the headphones have the capacity to hold approx 2 hours MP3 recording time. This is a
substantial amount and more than adequate for classroom use.
- Battery life - approx 12 hours