CodeBug™ is a fun, engaging, entry level introduction to coding, physical computing and electronics.
In just a few clicks you can program the versatile little CodeBug™ wearable computer to display your own message. And you'll be sure to get everyone's attention when you pin your customised, flashing CodeBug™ to your favorite outfit.
CodeBug can display graphics and text, has touch sensitive inputs and
you can power it with a watch battery. It is easy to program CodeBug
using the online interface, which features colourful drag and drop
blocks, an in-browser emulator and engaging community features. Create
your own games, clothes, robots or any other wacky inventions you have
Get started now!
CodeBug was funded with the help of hundreds of generous backers
on Kickstarter, without them it would not have been possible for
CodeBug to exist today. You can find a list of their names and some more
information about the creators of the project over on the
About Us page.
- 5x5 Red LED display
- 2 buttons
- 6 touch sensitive I/O pads (4 input/output, power and ground)
- Micro USB socket
- CR2032 battery holder
- Expansion port for I2C, SPI and UART
- Blockly-based online programming interface
- CodeBug emulator for checking code before downloading
- Online project storage and sharing
- Tethered mode for computer/CodeBug interaction
- Step-by-step walkthrough guides