The ProtoSnap LilyPad Development Board is a good way to introduce and explore e-textiles. This LabPack includes everything you need to get students programming and sewing their own LilyPad creations.
SparkFun packages everything educators need to get started with this platform in a number of varieties that fit different classroom settings and populations. The hardware boards, cables, and extra parts come pre-packaged. Examples and curriculum material are available from SparkFun and Arduino as well as from other educators involved in this growing educational movement.
The LabPacks are SparkFun\'s classroom entry point. By combining our ProtoSnap, LilyPad, SparkFun Inventors Kits or Arduino Compatible through-hole soldering kits with support materials SparkFun brings all the power of the open-source community to the classroom.
The Arduino programming environment is a free download making getting started as simple as opening your kits, opening a programming window on your computer, and loading example code to the microcontroller. Arduino is a model for the open source movement. All the basics in this C-based language are laid out in simple examples that students, teachers, and parents can understand and work with right from the start by accessing the example files in the programming environment. The community support offered by Arduino is second to none. Hundreds of examples of code are available for free online, and wiring examples for hardware are equally as easy to find. The Arduino hardware and software are C-based, and because of this they are easy to link to internet-based applications and common programs such as Excel, Matlab, LabView, and even POP3 mail applications. Also, Arduino has a free companion language, Processing, which gives users the ability to create very friendly interfaces that can graph, create gaming options, and do a dizzying amount of data visualization.
**Note:** This item may take longer to process due to battery installed in the equipment and therefore does not qualify for [same-day shipping policy](https://www.sparkfun.com/support#Same-DayShipping). Additionally, these batteries can not be shipped via Ground or Economy methods to Alaska or Hawaii. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
**Each LabPack Includes:**
* 10 x [ProtoSnap LilyPad Development Boards](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11262)
* 10 x [Needle sets](http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10405)
* 10 x [6ft USB mini-B cables](http://www.sparkfun.com/products/598)
* 10 x [Multicolored Alligator Clips (10 pack)](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11037)
* 20 x [30ft bobbins of conductive thread](http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10867)
* [Getting Started Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/lilypad-development-board-hookup-guide)
* [Activity Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/lilypad-development-board-activity-guide)
* [Example Arduino Sketch](http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/DevTools/LilyPad/lilypad_dev_v11.pde)
* [Info Sheet](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Kits/SFE03-0005-SalesSheets-LabPack-LilyPad-nomarks-01.pdf)
* [GitHub](https://github.com/sparkfun/ProtoSnap-LilyPad_Development_Board) (Design Files & Example Code)
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection