Computer Science Foundations (CSF) by Sphero is a supplemental, standards-aligned curriculum designed to be taught in the classroom with Sphero robots. CSF features three courses, each with their own spiral-bound Educator Guide.¬† Using CSF,¬†teachers and students will explore STEAM principles through creative coding.¬†
CSF¬†features student-facing instructions and pre-loaded blocks for every activity. Teachers can access every lesson in the Sphero Edu app by scanning the QR code or by navigating to the CS Foundations tab under ‚ÄòActivities‚Äô in the app. Teachers can then assign individual lessons to each student‚Äôs Workbook. Many lessons have pre-loaded blocks so students can start coding right away.
Missions - in this series of lessons, students will become critical thinkers and problem-solvers as they puzzle through obstacle courses, lockboxes, secret codes, and more.
Navigation - from exploring how animals migrate to planning a road trip, this series of lessons brings the world of navigation to life for students through hands-on programming with their Sphero robots.
Brain Breakers - in this theme, students develop their problem-solving and collaboration skills while creating secret codes, solving riddles and cracking a bank robbery.
By the end of Course 3¬†students will be able to:
- Manipulate variables (numbers, sound) in the Block Canvas.
- Apply conditionals without guidance that utilize sensors, comparators.
- Develop their own complex programs in Block programming.
- A spiral-bound Course Educator Guide book containing 24 lessons
- A 1 year license to access all digital student-facing materials and content within the Sphero Edu app
ACARA and NSW Curriculum
Curriculum links for ACARA and NSW are available¬†here.
CS Foundation Course 3 Sample Activities
Click¬†here¬†for CS Foundation Course 3¬†sample activities.
CS Foundation Course 3¬†Sample Pages
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection