RVR is Sphero's revolutionary take on the programmable robot. It's drivable right out of the box, packed with a diverse suite of sensors, and built for customization. This robot is a hackable mobile platform for beginners, educators, students, and tech hobbyists.
Download the Sphero Edu app to drive or program RVR all over. Literally. RVR is equipped with all-terrain treads, a powerful motor, and plenty of torque so you can go faster and farther. Obstacles or uneven surfaces won't affect RVR's ability to drive straight, thanks to a sophisticated, vector-based control system.
But, driving RVR is just the beginning. RVR‚Äôs extremely hackable platform, featuring a 4-pin UART and an onboard power source, allows you to connect and run third-party hardware like a Raspberry Pi, micro:bit, or Arduino. Build the robot of your dreams and then program it with the Sphero Edu app. Chances are, if you can hack it, RVR can do it.
- From beginners to technical hobbyists, RVR has something for everyone
- Drive RVR right out of the box, no assembly or complicated setup required
- A powerful motor, all-terrain treads and plenty of torque give you the freedom to drive RVR just about anywhere
- RVR features a highly accurate, professional-level control system that won‚Äôt be deterred by obstacles or uneven surfaces
- Packed with sensors - colour sensor, light sensor, IR, magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope
- A removable, rechargeable battery delivers enough juice to power RVR and third-party hardware
- RVR's expansion plate is designed to work with most third-party hardware including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, MicroBit and more
What's in the box:
- Removable cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable and rechargeable battery
- Universal, 4-Pin UART expansion port for connecting 3rd party hardware (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, Sparkfun)
- 5V 2.1A USB-A onboard connectivity to power your projects using RVR's battery.
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection