Introducing Air:bit 2, a drone kit for the BBC micro:bit which you build, code and then fly.
Air:bit is a STEAM learning kit which will engage students with a practical and creative way of learning.
Air:bit combines the micro:bits ease of use with the excitement and engagement of flying a drone. Air:bit is the world's first ever developed micro:bit drone, combining the relevant skills for mastering the future of coding, engineering and technology.
With Air:bit, you take the STEM a step further.... First, build and code your own drone, next, control it with code, an iPad or Android app, or build your own controller using another micro:bit. Once you've learned about engines, aerodynamics, batteries and more, you can design and fabricate your own frames using a 3d printer, laser cutter or any other skill and technology you want to bring to the class - fit in classes as science, arts and crafts, coding and programming, engineering, mathematics and more!
Key Features of the MakeKit Air:bit
- Make:code or java-programming
- Fly using a programmable remote (using a 2nd micro:bot) and app (IOS and Android)
- Advanced measurements in real-time
- Upgradeable with Camera and multiple sensors
With the Air:bit, it's possible to add a camera and sensors - which means you can extend the ways you can use the Air:bit to take pictures and even do FPV and advanced autonomous flights.
What's included with the Air:bit?
- 1 MakeKit Air:bit flight board with charger
- 1 High discharge lithium (LiPo) battery with fuse
- 4 Coreless high power electric motors
- 8 Propellers (4 spares)
- 1 Complete Air:bit plywood frame
- 5 Propeller protection set
- 1 Remote control plywood holder
- 27 Nylon screws, nuts and bolts
- 5 Electrical aluminium spacers
- 11 Silicone rings
- 2 Rubber bands
- Accessory from the cardboard box
The Air:bit comes with a 1 year warranty. This does not cover consumable parts such as propellers and cardboard accessories. The air:bit is fully repairable (by students) and should withstand a lot of crashes.
micro:bits are not included as standard with this kit.
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection