This class pack is a great cross-curricular resource to integrate Digital Technologies with learning around nature and environments, and teach program and control to Kindergarten to Middle Primary students.
The Blue-Bot Explore and Discover Bundle includes;
- 0, 6 or 12x Blue-Bots (choose using the drop down options above)
- 1x Blue-Bot Docking Station for each 6 Bots (Charges up to 6 Blue-Bots per station)
- 0, 6 or 12x Bee-Bot Pushers
- 1x Countryside Mat
- 1x Countryside Activity Tin
- 1x Wildlife Garden Mat
- 1x Zoo Activity Tin
- 1x Farmyard Mat
- 1x Zoo Mat
The new and improved Blue-Bot is perfect for teaching control, directional language and programming. because you can code and control Blue-Bot in four ways;
- Use Blue-Bots on-board buttons for basic controls, which will enable Blue-Bot to act the same as a Bee-Bot.
- Use Blue-Bots TacTiles to create more complex screen free programming, then use the Blue-Bot TacTile Reader to upload the algorithms for Blue-Bot to actuate.
- Use Blue-Bots App to utilize more complex coding opportunities whereby you create your program on screen and send it remotely for Blue-Bot to perform the program.
- Control Blue-Bot remotely using the App on a Android, iOS, Mac, or Windows device.
Key Features of the New Blue-Bot
- Blue-Bot (and Bee-Bot) now have sensors and can detect other Bots.
- Blue-Bot (and Bee-Bot) now have the capability to record and play back audio. The recording is played back to confirm when commands are entered and when Blue-bot follows the command.
- Blue-bots has a clear shell, which means children can see inside Blue-Bot and understand which components perform which duties, for example, where is the power stored?
- Using the app, Blue Bot can now perform 45 degree turns alongside the traditional 90 degree turns which means children can program Blue-Bot to draw a variety of different shapes.
- You can still use Blue Bot like your normal Bee-Bot, by programming on the robot itself.
The Blue-Bot App
The Blue-Bot app enables you to write an algorithm, send it to your Blue-Bot, and then Blue-Bot will follow your instructions. The Blue-Bot App has two modes;
- Explore Mode allows children to explore the wonders of programming through an open ended coding environment.
- Challenge Mode presents puzzles for the children to complete.
The Blue-Bot App also makes classroom management as easy as possible too - by allowing you to rename each and every Blue-Bot to give it its own character. The Blue-Bot App includes numerous activities which make writing algorithms both fun and educational, including:
- Use explore mode to develop algorithms: Step by step programming. Drag and drop programming. Include repeats to add efficiency.
- Challenge mode will add complexity into the algorithm: Blue-Bot will add random obstacles, adding complexity to the algorithm needed One or even two directional buttons can be removed
- Children can also record themselves saying a command and can assign it to a button on Blue-Bot. As the algorithm progresses, they will hear themselves giving the instructions.
Other Useful Features of Blue-Bot Include:
- Rechargeable and fits on the Bee-Bot Docking Stations
- USB cable provided for recharging
- Compatible with your existing Bee-Bot Mats and accessories (such as shells, pushers, pen holders etc
Warranty and Support
All items in the Blue-Bot Rechargeable Swarm have a 1 year warranty.
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection