Ohbot is a robot head that’s constructed and programmed by children. It has seven motors to provide a range of realistic movement.
The Ohbot 2.1 Assembled Robot for Raspberry Pi is provided ready to go for use with Raspberry Pi
A block programming environment is used based on the Scratch language which was developed at MIT. This allows children to generate programs quickly and encourages them to experiment and use their imagination. Ohbot includes text to speech technology so that children can program it to say whatever they like.
Ohbot also includes face recognition so that it can be programmed to react when it sees a child and follow their movement Film of face recognition and tracking Ohbot uses an Arduino interface board which allows for additional sensors to be used.
The below course provides a sequence of inspiring activities that can be used to help children develop the skills needed to find computational solutions to messy real world problems
Link to course work (http://www.ohbot.co.uk/scheme-of-work.html?lang=en)
The Ohbot 2.1 Assembled Robot for Raspberry Pi includes:
- Ohbot v2.1 preassembled
- Dual USB cable
- 4 user licenses per Ohbot for our block programming software (requires a PC running Windows)
- Access to our Python library which works with Raspberry Pi, Windows, Mac and Unix.
- Access to our Scratch website which works with Chromebooks, Windows, Mac, Raspberry Pi and Unix
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection