Designed to be an affordable, engaging way to introduce computer programming and robotics to the classroom, Edison is a powerful teaching tool. With more built in sensors than any robot in its class as well as lights, sounds and autonomous behaviour capabilities, Edison makes true robotics education accessible to students of all ages.
Edison is full of amazing features and functionality.
- infrared obstacle detectors (left and right)
- line tracking sensor
- light sensors (left and right)
- infrared receiver
- infrared transmitter
- piezo sounder
- sound sensor
- two motors with variable speeds
- left and right red LED lights
- and three control buttons
- navigate his way around by detecting obstacles to his left or right
- be controlled by a standard TV/DVD remote
- follow a line or stay within a boarder
- follow a flash light
- communicate with another Edison using infrared light - robot swarm anyone?!!
- play beeps and musical tunes
- respond to clapping and other loud sounds
- move in any direction through his differential drive system
Coding education for all ages and skill levels
All Edison robot programming languages are free to use for unlimited users and no registration is required to access the programming environments. Edison robots can be programmed four different ways;
Edison scans unique barcodes to activate pre-set programs in the robots and are the perfect way for anyone to kick-start learning with Edison. (ages 4+)
This fully graphical drag-and-drop programming language is intuitive and fun - perfect for introducing anyone to programming. (ages 7+)
Easy drag-and drop programming with powerful functionality and versatility. EdScratch is a robust platform for computer science education. (ages 10+)
Text-based EdPy teaches students the core of a real-world programming language, empowering them to explore robotics and coding at a more advanced level. (ages 13+)
STEM education to get excited about
Edison empowers students to become not just coders, but inventors, problem solvers and creative thinkers. With multiple inbuilt sensors and expandable build capabilities, Edison provides education opportunities beyond coding.
Edison's expandable robotics system works with the EdCreate construction kit and any other LEGO brick compatible building system, so it can be used as the programmable base for an incredible assortment of engineering and STEM projects.
Edison has a wide range of free educational resources that offer extension activities, challenges and open-ended projects, to let students invest in their own learning, exploring a range of skills across mathematics, science, critical thinking, engineering and more.
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection