The Finch Robot 2.0 is finally here !
The Finch is a robot that brings computer science to life by providing students from Kindergarten to college a hands-on representation of their code.
Finch Robot 2.0 includes the following features:
- Bluetooth wireless connection
- Integrated and rechargeable battery (lasts 6+ hours)
- Centrally positioned marker holder for drawing
- 5 tri-color LEDs
- Multi-tonal buzzer
- Wheel encoders for precise and accurate movement
- 2 light sensors
- 1 distance / obstacle / ultrasonic sensor
- 2 infrared line tracking sensors
- Compatible with plastic bricks for adding accessories & building fun
- Marks on wheels for counting revolutions
- Surface can be written on with whiteboard markers
- micro:bit features: accelerometer, radio, compass, buttons
- RoHS compliant
- FinchBlox (icon-based for pre-readers - available on iOS, Android, Fire OS)
- BirdBlox (block-based - available on iOS, Android, Fire OS)
- MakeCode (block-based - available on Chrome, Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Snap! (block-based - available on Mac, Windows)
- Python (text-based - available on Mac, Windows)
- Java (text-based - available on Mac, Windows)
* Please note that the Finch uses micro:bit as its processor; you must have one in order to operate the robot. The micro:bit is sold seperate and not included with the finch robot.
** A Hummingbird BIT Bluetooth Dongle is required for Snap!, Python, and Java on Windows and pre-2014 Macs.
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection