This is a three axis accelerometer for the LilyPad system. Based on the ADXL335 MEMS accelerometer from Analog Devices, the LilyPad Accelerometer can detect joint movement as well as inclination and vibration.
The ADXL335 outputs a 0V to 3V analog signal on each of the X, Y, and Z axis. You will need to convert this analog voltage to a gravity amount and use trigonometry to calculate a true \'angle\'. If you are not looking for tilt, it is very easy to use this sensor for basic motion sensing.
LilyPad is a wearable e-textile technology developed by Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Leah and SparkFun. Each LilyPad was creatively designed to have large connecting pads to allow them to be sewn into clothing. Various input, output, power, and sensor boards are available. They\'re even washable!
**Note:** A portion of this sale is given back to Dr. Leah Buechley for continued development and education of e-textiles.
* 20mm outer diameter
* Thin 0.8mm PCB
* [Eagle Files](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Dev/LilyPad/LilyPad-Accelerometer-v20.zip)
* [Datasheet](http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/DevTools/LilyPad/ADXL335.pdf) (ADXL335)
* [3D cube project](http://www.pyrofersprojects.com/3dcube.php) using a PIC
* [D&D Dice Gauntlet](https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/333)
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection