This is the LilyPad Arduino Simple Board. It\'s controlled by an ATmega328 with the Arduino bootloader. It has fewer pins than the [LilyPad Arduino Main Board](http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9266), a built in power supply socket, and an on/off switch. Any of our LiPo batteries can be plugged right into the socket. The Simple board is designed to streamline your next sewable project by keeping things simple and giving you more room to work and eliminating the need to sew a power supply. This revision does away with the ISP header and adds a charging circuit based on the MCP73831 IC.
LilyPad is a wearable e-textile technology developed by Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Leah and SparkFun. Each LilyPad was creatively designed to have large connecting pads to allow them to be sewn into clothing. Various input, output, power, and sensor boards are available. They\'re even washable!
Not sure which Arduino or Arduino-compatible board is right for you? Check out our [Arduino Buying Guide](https://www.sparkfun.com/arduino_guide)!
**Note:** A portion of this sale is given back to Dr. Leah Buechley for continued development and education of e-textiles and also to Arduino LLC to help fund continued development of new tools and new IDE features.
**Note:** Because of the added battery charging circuitry the Simple is unable to power a device from the FTDI header meaning that the Bluetooth Mate, for instance, is no longer plug\'n\'play compatible.
* 50mm outer diameter
* Thin 0.8mm PCB
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/b/d/8/f/2/LilyPad-Simple-v25a.zip)
* [Datasheet](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/General%20IC/33244_SPCN.pdf) (MCP73831T)
* [Leah Buechley\'s LilyPad Tutorial](http://web.media.mit.edu/%7Eleah/LilyPad/)
* [LilyPad Arduino Documentation](http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardLilyPad)
* [Uploading an Arduino Sketch](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/protosnap-lilypad-development-simple-hookup-guide#uploading-an-arduino-sketch)
* [GitHub](https://github.com/sparkfun/LilyPad_Arduino_Simple) (Design Files)
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection