The Mountable MI:pro is a simple and compact protective case for the micro:bit. This case has been specifically designed with portability and expansion in mind and is compatible with both the original micro:bit V1 and the micro:bit V2. These cases feature a three-layer construction style with ability to wall-mount the whole assembly onto any surface you want while still providing access to all buttons and ports on the micro:bit. Though these cases do feature wall-mountable tabs, the biggest benefit of using a case is to not accidentally short out the pads on the back of the micro:bit.
Construction is simple, requiring only a small flathead screwdriver, and involves layering each plate on top of one another around the micro:bit and screwing it into place. Luckily, the MI:pro case enables easy access to the edge pins at the bottom of the micro:bit, allowing it to still be plugged into an edge connector found on [many of our carrier boards](https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/284). The only board that cannot be used in conjunction with the MI:pro case is the SparkFun gamer:bit due to its edge connector being located in the center of the board.
**Note:** The MI:pro case only includes the parts found in the Includes Tab. This case does **NOT** include a micro:bit, power source or mounting screws. These items will need to be purchased separately.
* 4x M3 Cheese Head Nylon Machine Screw.
* 1x Front Plate.
* 4x M3 Nylon Full Nut.
* 1x Back Mounting Plate.
* 2x Mid-layer Plate.
- Length (minus the mounting brackets on the side): 65mm.
- Length (with the mounting brackets on the side): 91mm.
- Width: 37mm.
- Depth (without screws): 9mm.
- Depth (with screws): 14mm.
* Provides excellent protection to the BBC micro:bit whilst allowing access to the bottom pins.
* Full access to the A and B buttons on the BBC micro:bit.
* The mounting points allow you to fix the micro:bit to a surface for sturdy and more permanent installations.
* Full access to pins and connections including the micro USB connector.
* Clear case material shows the on-board LEDs in perfect clarity.
* The case is compatible with versions 1 and 2 of the micro:bit.
* [Assembly Guide](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/6/c/7/8/1/17868-Assembly-Guide.pdf)
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection