This MI:pro Protector Case for the BBC micro:bit has been designed to work with both the original micro:bit V1 and the micro:bit V2. These cases feature a four-layer construction style with ability to mount a 2xAAA battery pack to the back of the case while still providing access to all buttons and ports on the micro:bit. Though these cases do protect the micro:bit astoundingly well, the biggest benefit of using the MI:pro is to not accidentally short out the pads on the back of the micro:bit.
Construction is simple, requiring only a small flathead screwdriver (at most), and involves layering each plate on top of one another around the micro:bit and screwing it into place. Luckily, the MI:pro Protector case enables easy access to the edge pins at the bottom of the micro:bit, allowing it to still be plugged into an edge connector found on [many of our carrier boards](https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/284). The only board that cannot be used in conjunction with the MI:pro case is the SparkFun gamer:bit due to its edge connector being located in the center of the board.
**Note:** The MI:pro Protector case only includes the parts found in the Includes Tab. This case does **NOT** include a micro:bit, power source or mounting screws. These items will need to be purchased separately.
* 4x M3 Cheese Head Nylon Machine Screw.
* 1x Sticky Fixer Pad.
* 4x M3 Nylon Full Nut.
* Laser-cut parts;
- 1x Back Mounting Plate.
- 2x Mid-layer Parts.
- 1x Mid-layer Plate.
- 1x Front Plate.
- Length: 65mm.
- Width: 37mm.
- Depth (without screws): 12mm.
- Depth (with screws): 18.5mm.
* Provides excellent protection to the BBC micro:bit whilst allowing access to the bottom pins.
* Full access to the A and B buttons on the BBC micro:bit.
* Attach a battery cage to the rear of the case with the supplied sticky fixer.
* Full access to pins and connections including the micro USB connector.
* Clear case material shows the on-board LEDs in perfect clarity.
* The case is compatible with versions 1 and 2 of the micro:bit.
* When used in conjunction with a battery holder, micro:bit projects can be fully mobile.
* [Assembly Guide](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/2/d/1/9/2/17867-Assembly-Guide.pdf)
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection