The BBC micro:bit v2 is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Each order contains just the micro:bit v2 board. You can code, customize and control your micro:bit from anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, you will be surprised at the amount of hardware each board is equipped with, including 25 red LED lights that can flash messages. There are two programmable tactile buttons, and a touch sensitive logo that can be used to control games or pause and skip songs on a playlist. The micro:bit can even detect motion and tell you which direction you’re heading. It can also use Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE 5.0) to interact with other devices and the Internet.
Taking a closer look at the front of the board, we can see the 5x5 LED array that you can use as a light sensor, a tiny screen to draw on, display words, numbers and other information, microphone input & LED indicator, two programmable tactile buttons, and the touch sensitive logo! On the back of the board you will find the brains of the micro:bit, a 64 MHz, ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller with FPU, 512KB Flash, 128KB RAM and a built-in temperature sensor. Additionally, the back of the micro:bit is populated by an accelerometer, compass, MEMS microphone, speaker, and Bluetooth Smart antenna, as well as a microUSB and two-pin JST connector for different power options. Finally, at the bottom of the board you will find 25 gold-tabbed edge pins and five ring connectors (three for digital/analog I/O, two for power and ground) for hooking up external components. The tabs with larger holes can be easily used with alligator clips are now notched for easier connection to prototype added components quickly.
Micro:bit has even supplied an intuitive mobile app that lets you send your code to your micro:bit over Bluetooth (without using a USB cable) and more. With this app you will be able to interact with your micro:bit on a higher level of accessibility.
**Important:** The micro:bit v2 does not include any cables or power sources. This is just the board. We recommend picking up a [micro:bit AAA battery holder](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15101) or a [micro USB cable](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10215) as well to power your board.
*The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Between the micro:bit and our shield-like bit boards you can do almost anything while coding, customizing and controlling your micro:bit from almost anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, this versatile board has vast potential!*
* 64 MHz Arm Cortex-M4 with FPU
* 512KB Flash
* 128KB RAM
* 5x5 Red LED Array
* Two Programmable Buttons, one touch sensitive logo
* MEMS microphone and LED indicator
* Onboard Light, Compass, Accelerometer, Temp Sensors and Speaker
* 2.4 Ghz Micro:bit Radio/BLE 5.0 Smart Antenna
* 25-pin Edge Connector
* 4 dedicated GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI, and ext. power
* Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Rings
* Two Power Rings --- 3V and GND
* Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
* MicroUSB Connector (5V)
* JST-PH Battery Connector (*Not* JST-XH) (3V)
* Power/reset Button with Status LED
* 200 mA available for accessories
* Program with C++, MakeCode, Python, Scratch
* [Getting Started Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-the-microbit)
* [Getting Started Videos](http://microbit.org/start/)
* [About micro:bit](http://microbit.org/about/)
* [micro:bit Hardware](http://microbit.org/hardware/)
* [micro:bit Apps](http://microbit.org/code/)
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection