The Rode VideoMic is a high-quality on-camera shotgun microphone use. It features a studio-grade condenser capsule and highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, plus a selectable high-pass filter and two-stage level control for recording loud sound sources, making it an extremely versatile microphone that excels in a wide range of filmmaking situations. It also features an integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides excellent isolation from external vibrations and a high-density windshield for recording in windy environments.
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- Super cardioid polar pattern
- 9V battery power
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Three step PAD (0, -10, -20dB)
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount (3/8” thread)
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand. By employing a super-cardioid polar pattern the VideoMic becomes highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimising any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded. A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
Acoustic & Electrical Specifications
- Acoustic Principle - Line Gradient
- Active Electronics - JFET impedance converter
- Capsule - 0.50"
- Polar Pattern - Supercardioid
- Address Type - End
- Frequency Range - 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance - 200Ω
- Maximum SPL - 134dB SPL
- Sensitivity - (-38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal) (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted) - 20dBA
- Power Requirements - 9V Battery
- Output Connection - Minijack/3.5mm TRS
- Weight (g) - 176
- Dimensions (mm) - 65 (H) x 102 (W) x 250 (D)
- 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection