The LED matrix is a colourful display that you can control using code or other Bits. Set it to SIGNAL mode to play with preset programs, or switch it to SERIAL mode to program your own graphics with the codeBit
You could use this to create models of real-life matrices like scrolling signs, scoreboards, or just regular screens (if you looked at them close enough!)
- Can be controlled through either two inputs from other bits, with presets to change the look
- The LED matrix can also receive serial data, which can be used to display custom images through code
- When the LED matrix is in serial mode, you can use the codeBit and littleBits Code Kit app to put up to four matrices together to form a bigger image. To help you tile them in the right direction, the case enclosing each LED matrix has dimples and magnets. To display your image correctly, use the preset/ channel button on each LED matrix Bit to control which channel, and part of the image, that the matrix displays.
You might also like
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection